Competitions for 2017 - 2018
Throughout the year the club hold competitions which you are welcome to enter images into if you wish in digital, print or both formats. The competitions offer you the opportunity to gain some feedback from either internal judges from the club or some external judges from other clubs. The competitions are designed to be informative and not too scary!
18th September is the hand-in for NYSDPA Inter-club and Silver Salver competitions. Details and rules for the NYSDPA competition here: www.nysdpa.org.uk/ . Please note that digital images for this competition should be submitted at a size of 1400 x 1050 pixels.
General rules for Wensleydale Camera Club competions
- Each entry to have a title.
- No digital image file or photographic print to indicate the photographer’s name.
- Digital images to be provided in a digital folder, the folder showing the photographers name, and prints to be provided in packaging showing the photographers name. The competition secretary prepares two lists. The first list shows photographers names for recording and point scoring. The second judges list omits photographers names so that work is judged anonymously.
- Prints to be mounted, minimum print size 7”x5”, maximum mount size 20”x16”.
- Digital images for projection to be jpeg format, sized at 150dpi, not greater than 1024 pixels horizontally or 768 pixels vertically. Help is available on how to make these files.
- Digital images for projection and prints will be judged in different sections.
- Entries to be not older than 12 months at 1 September 2017 for entries in the 2017/18 season.
- All entries to be handed to the Competition Secretary by the closing date.
Monthly competitions - additional rules
- Up to 3 prints and/or 3 digital images for projection may be entered in each monthly competition.
- No digital image for projection or print to be entered in more than 1 monthly competition.
- Any photograph can only be entered in one section e.g. once a print is entered it cannot be entered in the same competition or any other monthly competition as a digitally projected image.
- There will be either 3 or 4 competitions during the season.
- There will be a mix of set subjects and open competitions. Subjects will normally be agreed at the previous AGM and included in the programme.
- Scoring in each section 1st = 7 points, 2nd = 5 points, 3rd = 3 points, commended = 2 points, Each unplaced entry = 1 point.
- Judging will normally be by a Club member, and occasionally by an external judge.
- There are awards at the end of the season for the highest aggregate score during the season in each section i.e. one award for prints and one award for digital projected images.
Annual competition - additional rules
- Up to 5 prints and 5 digital images for projection may be entered in each section. Numbers accepted may have to be limited to 4 per member if there is a large entry.
- Any entry in a monthly competition is eligible for the annual competition except any photograph can only be entered in one section i.e. only as a print or as a digitally projected image.
- Scoring will normally be out of 30 marks.
- Judging will normally be by a recognised judge from another Club. There are awards for the highest individual mark in each section, and highest aggregate score in each section.